Fitness Center Rules
1. A Health Screen Questionnaire and physician’s clearance must be completed prior to exercising.
2. Minimum age requirement is age 14, and under 18 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
3. Talking on cell phones is not permitted in Fitness area.
4. Proper workout attire must be worn, i.e., sneakers, sweat pants, shorts and tee shirts. Sandals, flip flops, slides, open toed shoes are not permitted.
5. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
6. Please wipe down machines after each use.
7. Please adhere to a 30 minute time limit on all cardio machines if a member is waiting.
8. Please do not rest on a machine if others are waiting.
9. Food is not permitted. Water bottles, sports drinks, etc., are permitted in a spill proof container.
10. Please strip all weight plates from bars and re-rack when finished.
11. Please re-rack all dumbbells and do not drop or slam weights.
12. Membership privileges may be revoked for inappropriate behavior or language, or for abuse of equipment.
13. Foul language or inappropriate clothing will result in loss of facility use.
14. Radio stations are pre-selected and the volume is kept at a level that is not offensive for the majority of members.
15. Anyone experiencing chest pain or shortness of breath should see a Fitness Center staff member immediately.
16. Fitness staff are here to help. Please ask them questions you may have about equipment use.
Child Watch is free of charge.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
These hours are prompt.
You can not leave your child beyond these times.
All children must be potty trained.
We are not responsible for changing diapers.
Policies and Procedures
• TPRD is not responsible for accidents or injuries that occur. Participants exercise at their own risk and are responsible for their own health and safety.
• Absolutely no Personal Training allowed, unless approved in writing by the Director of Troy Parks and Recreation in advance. Anyone receiving financial compensation or any compensation of any type for providing personal training, advice or instruction will be asked to leave the facility and their membership will be immediately revoked without refund.
• Animals are not permitted except for the express purpose of aiding persons with disabilities.
• Please silence phone and no talking on phone while in fitness center.
• Report any broken/malfunctioning equipment to the front desk.
• Users must stop by the Front Desk to show identification when entering the facility. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Participants are expected to be courteous to other facility users and staff and to treat the facility and the equipment with respect. Individuals who engage in unacceptable or disruptive behavior may have their access to the facilities revoked.
• Non-spill plastic water bottles are permitted in work-out areas; no glass bottles are allowed in the facility. Chewing gum, chewing tobacco, or sunflower seeds are not permitted in the fitness center.
• Closed-toe athletic footwear is required for all activity areas. No bare feet, sandals, or heeled shoes are permitted. Fitness Center staff reserve the right to judge the acceptability of footwear. Please be sure that your footwear is clean before entering the facility. This helps to keep the facility clean and causes less damage to the facility and equipment.
• Profanity, abusive language, and/or unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. Persistent use of such behavior as deemed unacceptable by Fitness Center staff will result in forfeiture of utilization privileges.
• You are not allowed to photograph or videotape individuals or images in the facilities without prior approval by Fitness Center staff.
• Fitness Center staff will provide a first response to all facility emergency situations. First Aid supplies for injuries are available at the front desk. Injuries should be reported to a staff member immediately.
• Appropriate attire, including full coverage shorts or pants (long enough to cover you while bending, stretching, and lifting) must be worn. Shirts must be worn at all times when using fitness equipment. Full length t-shirts and tank tops are acceptable. Jeans or pants that may result in damage to equipment are not acceptable. Fitness Center staff may ask you to change your clothing or not allow you access for the day if your clothing is unacceptable.
• To protect the equipment and improve sanitation, all participants are asked to use the cleaning towels and to wipe off equipment after use. Do not spray disinfectant directly on video or digital display panels.
• Do not rest on weight machines between sets. Allow other participants to “work in” between sets. Limit cardio workouts to 30 minutes during peak usage times. When people are waiting, machines must be vacated to the next user at the end of 30 minutes.
• Do not drop weights. Return selectorized weight stacks to the starting position without slamming them down.
• Store weight plates, dumbbells, barbells, mats, and other items in their appropriate storage areas immediately after use. Failure to do so may result in revocation of Fitness Center privileges.
• Weights are not to be left on the floor or leaned against walls, mirrors, or equipment. Collars must be used for barbells at all times.
• Center staff can only provide guidance for the correct use of the equipment and machines. The staff cannot provide exercise prescription.